Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the User send to his/her terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the same sites on the next visit by the same User. In the course of browsing a site, the User may also receive on his/her terminal equipment cookies that are sent from different sites or web servers (so-called "third parties"), on which some elements (such as, for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) present on the site that the same User is visiting may reside.
There are two basic macro-categories, with different characteristics: "technical cookies" and "profiling cookies."
Technical cookies are generally necessary for the proper functioning of the website and to allow navigation; without them you may not be able to view pages correctly or use certain services. For example, a technical cookie is essential to keep you logged in throughout your visit to a website, or to store language settings, display settings, etc...
Profiling cookies are aimed at creating profiles related to the User and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of web browsing. Due to the particular invasiveness that such devices can have within the private sphere of Users, European and Italian regulations provide that the User must be adequately informed about their use and thus express his/her valid consent.
The cookies used on the farnetworks.com domain are not used for profiling activities of the User.
Technical cookies can be further distinguished into:
- navigation or session cookies, which ensure normal navigation and use of the website;
- analytics cookies, which are assimilated to technical cookies only where they are used directly by the operator of the site to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site itself;
- functionality cookies, which allow the User to navigate according to a series of selected criteria in order to improve the service rendered to the same.
- technical (session and functionality) cookies, used for site management and better user navigation, namely the following:
Technical cookie used by PHP scripting to store some information needed for dynamic page construction (variables, etc...) Session
This cookie is used to remember the language chosen by the user.
The data stored by this cookie does not identify people, nor is any personal data collected.
- analytics cookies, used to collect information, in aggregate and anonymous form, on the number of Users, how Users consult the Site in order to improve it and understand which parts or elements are most appreciated.
- Third-party cookies, namely Google Analytics, are used for this purpose, namely the following:
Name Cookie Functionality Duration
Cookie inherent to Google Analytics. A unique client identifier (client ID) is stored in this cookie, which is a randomly generated number. This ID is then used by Google Analytics servers to calculate users, sessions, and campaign data.
_gat Cookie inherent to Google Analytics. This cookie is used to adjust user requests, google states as use "Used to throttle request rate".
This cookie is not a tool we own, so for more information, you can see the information provided by Google at: http://www.google.it/policies/privacy/partners/.
The User can also choose to enable or disable cookies (Google services: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/?hl=it) by intervening in the settings of their browsing browser according to the instructions made available by the relevant providers (Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it - Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie - Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9 - Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html - Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT)
This site also incorporates social network plugins and/or buttons to enable easy sharing of content on your favorite social networks. Such plugins do not set a cookie, but if it is already present on the visitor's computer they are able to read and use it according to your settings. The collection and use of information by such third parties is governed by their respective privacy policies to which please refer.
Below are the web addresses of the various disclosures and how to manage such third-party cookies:
- Twitter disclosures: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (configuration): https://twitter.com/settings/security
- Linkedin informative: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
- Linkedin (configuration): https://www.linkedin.com/settings/
Please note: total or partial disabling of technical or third-party cookies may affect the use of some features of the site.